So, Drew has Von Willebrand's Disease (VWD). We already kind of knew that from the first barrage of tests. Today I found out three things.
1) The DDAVP medication (technically Stimate at this dosage) WAS SUCCESSFUL in bringing Drew's VW levels to normal.
2) Drew ALSO has mild platelet dysfunction!
3) #1 and #2 mean that Drew has to have DDAVP 30 minutes before surgery and a PLATELET TRANSFUSION at least 1-2 hours before surgery.
I called the surgeon's office to schedule the surgery and, of course, the nurse wants to wait until she has the letter with all the recommendations before she will schedule it. GGGRRRR! Give a SuperMom a break! I am reeling from all of this. It is just added DRAMA to the whole numorous surgeries thing!
I will let you know when we FINALLY have a surgery date! I have recently been told I do this too much, but I am sure we will be asking you all for help when it is finally time. This looks as though it is going to be a major ordeal.
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment